Pages

Monday, March 22, 2010

Thought we lost the cat tonight

Not lost, like in the Rainbow Bridge forever kind of lost. But lost in the sense that he didn't come to the door when we came home, couldn't find him anywhere, and calling his name didn't produce any results. (small disclaimer...not really sure he knows his name yet).

This was the first time since having Harley that we just didn't know where he was. Since it was also the first nice Spring day with windows and doors open, I could just envision him slipping out. I mean, if he doesn't know his own  name yet, how could I have any faith at all that he would know his way home?

Crisis averted. Apparently Harley and Xena must have had a day of rough play, and finally Harley had enough. He finally came out of his hiding spot (inside the couch). Whew. This whole cat ownership thing is new. They aren't really like dogs now, are they?

And, for anyone reading this that is concerned that Xena was being hard on Harley...they are even. Harley just got a hold of something of Xena's (I'm thinking right front leg). I heard a loud yelp from Xena and she took a couple of tentative steps towards me while keeping an eye on the cat. So...I think the score is pretty even right now. I'll let you know if that changes..

0 comments:

Post a Comment